
So, once in a while so to keep in touch with humanity at large I will go downtown during the weekend, that’s when everybody comes out. After few hours of window shopping and walking through the busy, crowded and noisy city center its time to head home as the evening draws in and as usual will get stuck in the rush hour crowd waiting for the LRT train.
That's the best time to find a place to sit and draw in the sights and sounds around me.
As I look at the skyline of metropolis KL against the slightly red and grey evening sky a prayer of thanksgiving went up to God as I contemplate the wonders of this relationship I'm so privileged to enjoy with Him. This relationship gave me the reason for my existence here in this complicated world.
As I look at the people around me I wonder how many have known or is experiencing this relationship with the One who's arms and heart is always open to receive, forgive and love His fallen creatures! At times when I feel that life is heavy and losing its meaning the thought of Him brings me back to the reason and meaning of who I am and moving on purposely with living.
I can imagine a world without God, my world without God...hopelessness, helplessness, brokenness, meaninglessness... that was the world that I came from. For 16 blurry years of my childhood and younger days life was just a meaningless and empty existence! I never want to go back to that life ever again! As I think of my family, my work and calling, my social and personal life...it all makes sense because God is in it.
God at the center of everything keeps my life whole and functioning as it should. I'm currently rereading the Gospel of Matthew in the translation 'The Message' by Eugene Peterson and reading this version is so much today...the frame of mind and yet still so true to its original meaning! I can attest that Eugene Peterson is one of today's godly and faithful, pastor, scholar and theologian! I have been so much challenged and blessed by his numerous books especially one called 'Subversive Spirituality' that calls the Christian to affect transformation in his/her world from the inside out which I no doubt Peterson gleaned form his years of studying and teaching the Gospels both as pastor and lecturer.
I'm challenge daily by the way Jesus lived out His Kingdom life and values boldly and unashamedly in a generation so much like ours...with the same spiritual environment and needs. Jesus called His disciples to do the same, not mere religiosity but living the kingdom life, the God life, the zoe life! Indeed, any era through the ages would have been senseless and meaningless without God's presence directly there. Yet, when we look at the biblical account of our world we 'see' the Creator God present and actively working out His salvific plan for mankind.
Through the Incarnation the presence of Immanuel became forever tangible and now through the Holy Spirit is forever etched in the hearts and lives of those who believe in His saving grace. Yes, though the world at large do not want to believe or acknowledge Him it doesn't change the fact that He still cares dearly for His creation and is fully in control even when the world thinks otherwise. As I and others who loved Him seek to live our lives as Kingdom people this old world will never be without God because we are the dwelling for His direct presence at all time until He comes!

No comments:
Post a Comment