
2009 came with a bang as usual when the whole world welcomes every New Year with fireworks and grand parties.
I supposed we need a celebration for that but the sad thing is most people just let the days goes by without really finding meaning in living through the 365 days that we have in a year! And so as March 2009 is coming to an end I have been thinking about several things that can either make or break us depending on how we handle them.
And one of those is in the area of how we respond to circumstances that are best describes as storms of life or life’s painful process.
Over the years...sadness has helped me appreciate happiness more when it happens, brokenness has helped me embrace wholeness in a whole new way every time a healing happen, disappointment has helped me appreciate God's consolation every time that happens which is quite routine, anger has helped me embraced God's forgiveness in a deeper way as I understand He does give room to vent it in a healthy way, bitterness has helped me see the depths of God's perfect and unconditional love for such as I every time I feel it I remember the bitter cup He took on my behalf at Gethsemane so I, too can say not my will but Thine be done.
Yes, let's learn the way of peace...allowing the peace that surpasses all understanding to help us in the times our soul is most troubled. For it is when we live out in that peace we think better, we do not react but respond to things around us and best of all, we might not be able to smile, laugh or say thank you to God but we exude the calmness and quietness of a soul that is at peace not only with God but with ourselves.
I think I have reached a stage in my life where I'm more steady, like a well grown tree I supposed because of what He has been doing in my life. We must continually remind ourselves to keep on looking up to Him for hope, courage and peace even in the face of the harshest storm. We are assured by His Word and from life experiences that when God closes a door He will either open a window or another better door.
The best thing is we never give up on the dreams that God has put there to inspire us, to spur us on and to bring out the best in us. And I always believe that we are never called to live life less than what He has intended for it to be. It’s not so much on what we can attain, acquire or achieve but on how we choose to live our lives for His purposes and pleasure.
Looking back there were times I wanted to give up on the dreams He planted in my heart back then and there were times I couldn't believe He would actually make the way but here I am living out those dreams that were once just dreams of a teenager. I have tasted His goodness, kindness and faithfulness every single moment though many times I didn't realized it or even appreciates what He was, is and will always be doing-not busy making my wishes or dreams come true but making Christ more visible in me.
I'm none the richer from before and I'm becoming convinced that I was never meant to accumulate riches but I am tasting His blessings so I can bless others, too, within what am capable of. And yes, as the years goes by life is getting shorter and our days are numbered so seize every moment, make it count for eternity in how we choose to live our lives before God and before others. For we are called not to live with a blind faith, or just to live for ourselves but a faith that seek to glorify God and bless others. For so great is God’s love for us, let’s continue to learn to love Him in ways that we are capable of for it is in this way I believe we make sense out of life and living!


No comments:
Post a Comment