After having been journeying with my Creator God and Redeemer for the last 26 years I am more convinced then ever what this relationship means to me. Born in a so called Christian family I only embraced Christianity at the age of 16 during a tumultuous period of my teenage life. My family was going through a difficult period, my parents were struggling with issues of finance and my dad's mounting drinking problem. As the eldest of four other siblings the heavy burden of 'leadership' was on me. It was at that time I was going through a bad period of teen depression which I didn't realize as depression at that time. It was so bad at times that I wish to die and became quite suicidal in my thoughts. It was that one particular night through a documentary about Billy Graham's evangelistic mission and a particular message on Jesus being the ONLY DOOR to the Father that began my journey home towards God-I finally found the door and it was opened to me so after 26 years of journey it has been a worthwhile one. All the meaninglessness of life has slowly found and is still slowly but surely finding its meaning in this faith that was birth into my heart that night I found the open door to God's heart. It's going to be Christmas soon, the so called official date for Christendom to remember the birth of the Messiah, and yes, Christmas is often associated with the negative image of over commercialization yet I always choose to 'celebrate' Christmas with the understanding that its not about the festivities, presents and social gatherings but its a time to be reminded just how much God loves us and gave us the Gift of His Son so that through His redemptive work throughout His earthly life, death, resurrection and ascension that has actually provided for us that OPEN DOOR to find our way back to the Father of us all. How marvelous...thank you, God for Your great and unconditional love!
Sunday, December 14, 2008
What my Christianity means...
After having been journeying with my Creator God and Redeemer for the last 26 years I am more convinced then ever what this relationship means to me. Born in a so called Christian family I only embraced Christianity at the age of 16 during a tumultuous period of my teenage life. My family was going through a difficult period, my parents were struggling with issues of finance and my dad's mounting drinking problem. As the eldest of four other siblings the heavy burden of 'leadership' was on me. It was at that time I was going through a bad period of teen depression which I didn't realize as depression at that time. It was so bad at times that I wish to die and became quite suicidal in my thoughts. It was that one particular night through a documentary about Billy Graham's evangelistic mission and a particular message on Jesus being the ONLY DOOR to the Father that began my journey home towards God-I finally found the door and it was opened to me so after 26 years of journey it has been a worthwhile one. All the meaninglessness of life has slowly found and is still slowly but surely finding its meaning in this faith that was birth into my heart that night I found the open door to God's heart. It's going to be Christmas soon, the so called official date for Christendom to remember the birth of the Messiah, and yes, Christmas is often associated with the negative image of over commercialization yet I always choose to 'celebrate' Christmas with the understanding that its not about the festivities, presents and social gatherings but its a time to be reminded just how much God loves us and gave us the Gift of His Son so that through His redemptive work throughout His earthly life, death, resurrection and ascension that has actually provided for us that OPEN DOOR to find our way back to the Father of us all. How marvelous...thank you, God for Your great and unconditional love!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment